Saturn early in the morning

dark star

Put my alarm on for 3a.m. in the hope that the clouds would clear, and they did!

Had a great couple of hours looking at Saturn with my Intes MK66 150mm Mak, managed to just about get up to x450 (I think) with a William Optics 7mm UWAN eyepiece and a 1.6 Barlow, Saturn was a bit blurry, but it was nice to see it at a reasonable size for once! Without the Barlow the rings were really sharp.

I tried to find M81 and M82, with no success as usual, also various galaxies in Leo, also didn't see a thing! I think I need to plan my observing more carefully and be more patient. Also get a bigger telescope or move to the middle of nowhere, far away from London!

But Saturn made up for it. Off to bed now, I think my toes have finally unfrozen!

Hi Dark star congrat's on getting up so early, saturn at x450 shoud look prety impresive I've seen it at x120 and that was gerat alltho a bit small but very sharp image. Unlucky about the galaxies but thay are not going anywear soon you've got plentey of time all the best.

Archived