Solar Maximum

rabbithutch

I read a web article somewhere recently (don't recall where) that described an anticipated cyclical return to increased solar activity in the new year. I know that there are some here who specialize in solar observation and photography. I was wondering what preparations they are making for the solar max. Also, it would be interesting to see what those who know more about it have to say about what we might expect to see happen when it returns.

I for one made sure i had my solar set up a couple of years ago so that i could fully learn how to use it and interpret just what i am looking at. The set up is H-Alpha....

I only do visual so don't record any images.

What you will expect to see with an HA set up are large numerous prominences, lots of sun spots, very large filaments and granulation. If we/Earth get his square on with a solar ejection we will also have some cracking Aurora displays to delight us.:(

Archived