Red dot finder

Hi, just bought a red dot finder for my 200p dob and just wandered where i should fit it - i already have the finder scope so want to use the rdf with the finder scope - can some one advise or show us a pic?

Thanks

You can either put a another vixen accessory shoe on - which is what I did with my 200 so I can have two finders mounted (see pic)

stellarvuef50M(1).jpg

Or you could get a dual finder bar from Scopestuff.com - they do a fitting which allows two finders to share the same accessory shoe on the scope.

As long as i can mount it at the side of the finder thats great, i thought it would have to be in line with the finder scope - the rdf i've bought comes with self adhesive backing so should fit okay, well i hope ??

Those two finders on mine are; On the left is a Baader Sky Surfer V red dot and on the right is an 8x50 finder with a right angle and an illuminator.

Generall y I use the optical finder for scope slignment and finding things plus very wide angle views and the red dot is used mostly for genereal finding of stuff whne I dont need much precision. USually the red dot gets me to the right general area and the optical finder gets me precisiely where I want to be.

To be honest i've struggled with just the finder since i've had the scope, i did test out a 130p with a rdf before the dob and found it to be very usefull so with both i should get some good results - i managed to get a universal rdf (not top of the range) from s n skies (just hope they don't ring on Monday to say they have no stock like i've had with them recently)

ScopeTeknix ScopeTeknix Universal fit auto-shutdown red dot finder for all telescopes

Archived