SKYWATCHER 130P SYNSCAN

I am totally new to astronomy and I have just purchased a skywatcher130p synscan from first light optics, who I have to say have been very helpful!!!

I would very much appreciate any help or advice any members have for me.

Since my purchase only a week ago I have only had about an hour of clear skys. I managed to see the moon through all magnifications which was very impressive and very clear!

I also observed Jupiter through all magnifications the moons were very clear; however the detail on Jupiter itself was very hazy to say the least and in fact I'm not sure if some of it wasn't down to more of my imagination!

I have purchased baader solar film from first light optics and as usual Martin was very helpfull in his advice to me.

I cannot wait to see my fist observations of the sun!!!

I intend to use the cap that is on the 130p which has a cap that comes off by which I should be able to attach the solar film.

Anyway any advice from any 130p owners on any of the above would be much appreciated

Archived