NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Power to the people

Hi guys,

My SynScan PRO GOTO Version 3 Upgrade Kit for EQ5 is on its way to me, so I was wondering if you guys could recommend a power supply for it. It has power requirement: 11 to 15 V DC 2 Amp Tip positive.

At some point, I'll probably need to add some form of condensation control to my setup so a PSU that would have room for that as well as powering the EQ5 would be preferable.

I don't need it to be mobile as I don't plan on taking the rig out of my back garden where I have easy access to power via extension cable.

Thanks

google "PC PSU to bench supply". It's quite easy to convert a Power Supply Unit from an old PC to something you can use in the garden (but protect the mains feed with an RCD). I've done one that gives me 3 car cigar lighter sockets with lots of Amps to spare. I don't use the rechargeable Powerpack any more.

Archived