Right Ascension Readings

I think I have the calibration with the North Star down. I want to understand how the whole Right Ascension works. I know that the RA is the angle around the Equator and it starts counting at the Vernal Equinox Line.

So what is with the RA arc in the Equitorial Mount?

If the Mount, just the base and not the Telescope's settings, is rotated the arc is still there how does that work in reference to the value of the RA readings?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sky-Watcher 130mm EQ2 Reflector Telescope

-130mm EQ2 Reflector Telescope130mm (5.1 inch) diameter primary mirror made from grade-A glass and multi-coated for optimal reflection

-900mm focal length, f/6.9

-20.4 sq. in. light grasp

-307x maximum theoretical magnification and 1.08 arc-sec resolving power

-High-quality super Plossl fully-coated 25mm and 12mm 1.25” eyepieces provide clear, sharp images at magnification of 36x and 75x with a 52° apparent field-of-view and great eye relief

-1.25” 2x Barlow lens doubles magnification of the included eyepieces to 72x and 150x for up-close planetary and lunar viewing

-Red-dot finderscope with variable brightness makes locating night-sky objects easy

-Stable 1.25" rack-and-pinion focuser

-EQ-2 equatorial mount provides proper stability with dual slow-motion controls, 360° azimuth adjustment

-130mm (5.1 inch) diameter primary mirror made from grade-A glass and multi-coated for optimal reflection

-900mm focal length, f/6.9

-20.4 sq. in. light grasp

-307x maximum theoretical magnification and 1.08 arc-sec resolving power

-High-quality super Plossl fully-coated 25mm and 12mm 1.25” eyepieces provide clear, sharp images at magnification of 36x and 75x with a 52° apparent field-of-view and great eye relief

-1.25” 2x Barlow lens doubles magnification of the included eyepieces to 72x and 150x for up-close planetary and lunar viewing

-Red-dot finderscope with variable brightness makes locating night-sky objects easy

-Stable 1.25" rack-and-pinion focuser

-EQ-2 equatorial mount provides proper stability with dual slow-motion controls, 360° azimuth adjustment

Archived