Binos or low power 2" SWAN EP....which should i buy this month??

Nicely done Warren. A good pair of 10x50's is a good addition to the kit bag.

Perhaps save up for the SWAN later down the road. It's definitely still worth going down that road. The probably wouldn't even need a 38mm. The 32mm will give a 2.24deg true field of view with your 120. And a 1.86deg fov in the 250PX. Believe me, it's well worth having.

Russ

Hi Russ,

Dont worry the SWAN is on my list for next payday :headbang:

I was actually wondering if the 38mm was overkill (or underkill depending on which way you look at it!). Ill have a good think about what I want out of it before i decide on the focal length i think.

The celestron cheapy bins are actually quite good as well - very clear views (noticably clearer than my flatmates 16x50 bressers). Im glad i went for them instead of the heavy tripod mounted 15x70s as they will get more use i think (and were a lot cheaper). Maybe Ill do the big bins at a later date.

hope youve been enjoying the clear skies the last few nights - looks like we might get some more as well :p (even if it is so damn cold).

Warren

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived