Newbie help for telescope needed

Hey guys I’m new here and require some advise as to which telescope to purchase. I would very much like to enjoy some astrophotography in the near future when the time is right however for the moment observation would be great. From doing some research I seem to have come across a couple of the skywatcher range. At first I was looking at Skywatcher explorer 200p EQ5 however am now unsure as to whether this mount would be good enough for astrophotography in the future. I have also seen scopes such as the Skywatcher Explorer 300p NEQ6 say I could somehow find the cash for this would this prove a significantly better option with the bigger scope for observation but also the better mount for some photography in the future? Are there any better options up to the 1300 pound mark? I greatly appreciate any responses in advance and look forward to hearing what you think. :icon_eek:

Archived