LX10 meade without a wedge?

Can anyone advice if Meade LX10 can be used without a wedge?

I recently came across Meade LX10 and wanted to use it without a wedge but can not figure out how to mount OTA on LX10 tripod on its own without a wedge.

Wedge mounted OTA looked as it would flip over any moment on the slightest of a breeze. :D

You might want to try asking about this in the Yahoo LX-10 group.

If they don't know, no one does. :)

Btw, is the unsteady 'look' the reason you'd like to try using it as an alt-az instead of an equatorial?

I've had my LX-10 for a number of years and have accidentally tripped on the tripod legs but it's never tipped over, don't worry about that. Well, maybe it'll tip over if you're on a mountainside and give it a good shove. :D But under normal use it's steady as a rock. :)

You might want to try asking about this in the Yahoo LX-10 group.

If they don't know, no one does. :)

Btw, is the unsteady 'look' the reason you'd like to try using it as an alt-az instead of an equatorial?

I've had my LX-10 for a number of years and have accidentally tripped on the tripod legs but it's never tipped over, don't worry about that. Well, maybe it'll tip over if you're on a mountainside and give it a good shove. :D But under normal use it's steady as a rock. :)

Thank you for the info

I do not simply like the wedge, I m aware that for astrophotography it is a must. I just want to view the sky without a wedge:)

have you ever used yours without a wedge?

You're welcome. :D

No, i've never used my LX-10 without the wedge. If you can't figure out a way to attach the base of yours to the tripod, maybe you could just set it on a flat surface... maybe a heavy picnic table or something similarly sturdy? The tracking would be quite useless though, and you'd have to constantly adjust both axes to compensate for the drift.

You're welcome. :D

No, i've never used my LX-10 without the wedge. If you can't figure out a way to attach the base of yours to the tripod, maybe you could just set it on a flat surface... maybe a heavy picnic table or something similarly sturdy? The tracking would be quite useless though, and you'd have to constantly adjust both axes to compensate for the drift.

I concur

wedge is the way to go:p

Archived