IR pass-36mm filter adapter

rikyuu

hi,

I've had an IR pass filter knocking around for a few years and thought it could be useful for a bit of experimentation with imaging the scope. However, it appears to have a 36mm thread and I can't find any suitable adapters.

Does anyone know of any adapter that will convert it to 1.25", 2", SCT or 42mm so I can use it with the scope?

Cheers

hi,

I've had an IR pass filter knocking around for a few years and thought it could be useful for a bit of experimentation with imaging the scope. However, it appears to have a 36mm thread and I can't find any suitable adapters.

Does anyone know of any adapter that will convert it to 1.25", 2", SCT or 42mm so I can use it with the scope?

Cheers

ps, I meant imaging with the scope of course, not just imaging the scope, which wouldn't be as interesting, although at least it would be possible, as imaging with the scope is not, due to cloud of course.

had another look around, the only thing I could find was an adapter ring on Ebay which converts from 36mm to 49mm, but was over £40 incl delivery and might not work anyway.

I think I can make something. I have the metal ring from a 2" filter, I reckon if I cut a 2" disc out of something thin to fit into this, which has a 36mm hole in it, then I can mount the 36mm IR pass filter into this. I have a small piece of Teflon sheet which (in the absence of anything else) might be the right thickness and easily cut. I guess even cardboard might do it, at least just to experiment.

I don't know what images I will get with an IR pass filter, but it's just an attempt at something different.

Archived