NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

1000d on its way and CLS filter query....

well, on its way to Astronomiser actually:eek:! I've just ordered one and had it sent straight there for the filter replacement, I must be crazy!

Well, I though that I'm really getting into the hobby now with long exposures and autoguiding so I wanted to upgrade from the 300d, but also wanted to keep a good number of 'pixels' and a large sensor CCD cam was out of my price range. The 1000d seemed a good option so I thought I'd go the whole hog and have the filter replaced too.

Fingers crossed it goes well and I hope I've made the right choice

I was considering a CLS EOS clip filter as an upgrade from my Skywatcher LP filter. Would this give a noticable improvement? My skies aren't very light polluted, but Coventry is to the north, so there's some orange tint on long exposures, even with the LP filter.

Cheers

ah, please ignore this post. My self mod'd 300d suddenly sprang back into life after I happeded to press the flash button and it seems ok now, so I'm going to continue with it.

However, I'll invest in a CLS EOS clip filter to keep the dust out.

Archived