NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Binoculars.

I am looking for a new pair of these. I like the idea of 8x56 but the price terrifies me. At the moment my "local" astronomy shop has Celestron up close 10x50s on sale for about $30. Seems like a good deal to me, and I won't even notice that amount of money leaving my pocket. I currently have a set of 7x50s which are out of collimation (the reason for this purchase) and some 10x25 celestrons, they've worked very well as a sidekick to the telescope. Any opinions?

Eek! I've already ordered them. I figured there's no way they could be worse than the ones I have. The price with shipping ended up at $50 cdn, so unless they turn out to be ruby coated or something exceptionally cheap like that I'll be happy. I see you have a set of Pentax binos, those must have cost a pretty penny!

By the way, how much must one spend in order to achieve good quality?

If you are satisfied with the image you're getting then spend as little as possible. It's better to be observing through cheaper binoculars than not at all.

Yeh, the Pentax are not cheap. The worst thing you can do is add up how much your Astro gear cost you :cool:

Clear Skies.

Glen.

Archived