Anyone get FITSLiberator Plugin to work with Photoshop 2025 (v26)?

I recently purchased a fresh subscription to Adobe Photoshop with the primary purpose of playing around with FITS files from SharpCap and my Canon EOS Rebel T3i.  I've found the following page, which includes the FITSLiberator plugin for Photoshop.  Though, it lists compatibility with older versions of Photoshop, and not the current version, which is Photoshop 2025 (v26).

https://esahubble.org/projects/fits_liberator/download_v23/

Sent an email to the contact on the following page, asking for an update.   Though, figured I'd just reach out here as well, in case anyone else has up to date information about it?

https://noirlab.edu/public/products/applications/fitsliberator/known-issues/

Now that I've installed the plugin, I'm receiving the following error when I open Photoshop.  "One or more plug-ins are currently not available on your system. For details, see Help > System Info."  Then, when I go look at the details, I see the following error message.

Plugins that failed to load:
   FITS Liberator 2 NO VERSION -  - from the file “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2025\Plug-ins\FitsLiberator.8bi”

That .8bi file is a binary, so of course I have not idea where that comes from.

I would love to hear any feedback from folks who might be working with FITS files in Photoshop.

I used Fits liberator a while ago on apple mac when I was running Photoshop CS4. I believe since then it has not been compatible with all the more recent iterations on Photoshop for Mac. I’m currently running Photoshop 2024 and 2025 on macs and fits does not work. Frustrating though.

UPDATE: I found Fits Preview from the apple store this morning and have downloaded it onto my Mac running Photoshop 2025. Will try some FITS files with it shortly and see what’s what.

Having tried it for 20 minutes, Fits preview does allow you to view fits files on a mac, it doesn’t appear to allow stacking and (as far as I can determine) only exports the files as 72dpi jpegs.

Edited by mal30
additional info