Another dew heater controller...

Vroobel

Hi, 

It's my 4th version of the dew heaters controller, but even if it's the smallest one and it doesn't contain a PID feature, it will be smartest one among other made by myself. 🙂 Moreover, it's the first (and hopefully not the last...) project which I'm going to finish with a proper PCB and  a free KiCAD software helps me in that. 

So, it's a 2-channel controller based on Arduino nano which in it's basic version allows for manual independent setting of the heating power. Using two sets of 'Up' and 'Down' buttons and thanks to PWM outputs I can switch between 0, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%, and two sets of LEDs show the settings.

I'm going to use a tiny BME280 sensor for determining temperature and humidity through a 4-pole 3.5mm jack. I hope I'll be able to make it quite an automatic, even if I won't have a feedback from heaters. 

The last goal is to make it controllable through an ASCOM platform where the BME280 sensor will be also helpful. I'd like to see it working with NINA. 😊

Here is it's prototype, at this stage it's made using a prototyping board and a lot of wires underneath. The BME280 sensor already works, but presently does nothing. 

IMG_20241002_131526.thumb.jpg.3ff66fe80bd2444edf6e0c0a8b2dafcc.jpg

I'll paste pics and info about following stages as soon as they appear. 

• Like 4