Andromeda with the Redcat51

Gerr

I wanted to image M31 with the Zwo 294MC Pro and Recat51 for a little while now as I knew that this target would nicely fit in my imaging train's FOV.

The opportunity arose  on one nearly moonless night recently and I managed 4.3 hrs imaging time on Andromeda from my Bortle 5 garden.

I took lights of 120secs duration at unity gain 120 and cooled to -10deg. My equipment was sat on a HEQ5 mount and I used laptop and APT to manage the session with PHD2 for guiding.

All lights were supported with calibration frames which were stacked and started off in Siril with the final image processed in Photoshop CS with some help from  StarnetGUI and GraXpert.

Hope you like. CC's welcome.

M31 Andromeda with the Redcat51:

M31AndromedaRedcat51Web.thumb.jpg.50012eaa20c626cab27f243983d86713.jpg

• Like 12

Good luck. If I had to a panel mosaic of a DSO where I live I would be waiting a very long time to complete it as the weather has been so poor here over the last 3 years!! 😂👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gerr said:

Good luck. If I had to a panel mosaic of a DSO where I live I would be waiting a very long time to complete it as the weather has been so poor here over the last 3 years!! 😂👍

same here really, but m31 just too big :)

• Like 1

Thanks all for the kind comments. It 's taken me long enough to produce something I think I can call a keeper!!!

I've also done some imaging of the Iris nebula , look out for that one soon!!!

But quickly looking through the subs there seems to be some high haze and blurry stars due to wind buffeting the SW200P I used.

Cross fingers!