M16 and the moon

ckp82

I managed to get out last night hoping to try and video the moon and try the stacking mode in asi air plus. The video wouldn't save, it said mp4 saved but it wasn't in the video folder. I had 9.4gb of storage left, could this be the reason? I settled with a screenshot from the preview screen.

Whilst I was waiting for the moon to rise over the trees I had a go at m16. I couldn't make out the pillars of creation but I got some basic shapes and colour.

1000001327.thumb.jpg.ebf3325525585ebdb3962a16cb3cdb9c.jpg1000001326.thumb.jpg.e86e653dded739c5adf52409d435c8c9.jpg

• Like 2

Depending on the frame rate (for) and resolution, video can be huge in size.

Uncompressed a 9mp sensor at 30fps is like 45gigs a minute rough guess. Not that many people do that.

Moon for me was just below eagle nebula, so I didn't bother trying to add to my existing 44 x 60sec project.

Of course whilst waiting for phd2 calibration assistant to finish the heavens opened :(

Edited by TiffsAndAstro

5 minutes ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

Depending on the frame rate (for) and resolution, video can be huge in size.

Uncompressed a 9mp sensor at 30fps is like 45gigs a minute rough guess. Not that many people do that.

Moon for me was just below eagle nebula, so I didn't bother trying to add to my existing 44 x 60sec project.

Of course whilst waiting for phd2 calibration assistant to finish the heavens opened :(

I better free up the space on the emmc or get a huge sd card.

The moon was just rising in the east and m16 was more south West for me, still not ideal for imaging with how full the moon is I guess.

Normally the clouds roll in just as I finish polar alignment 😆 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ckp82 said:

I better free up the space on the emmc or get a huge sd card.

The moon was just rising in the east and m16 was more south West for me, still not ideal for imaging with how full the moon is I guess.

Normally the clouds roll in just as I finish polar alignment 😆 

I have a dual narrowband filter on the way, hopefully I can try it on M16 to compare before and after 

17 hours ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

I have a dual narrowband filter on the way, hopefully I can try it on M16 to compare before and after 

I also have one on the way after a bit of delay it should be here soon

• Like 1

I managed to find the video of the moon that I couldn't find before. Apparently if you save in mpeg the video saves to your tablet, if you save in avi it saves on the asiair. I'm yet to try the latter. I like the fact the video has the asi watermark and they even add music.