Finally Started on the Veil mosaic

I have wanted to image this for a while, and finally got a couple of hours clear sky last night.  As it is only 1 hour of ha/o3 and 1 hour of sii/o3 on panel 1, i was impressed with the data (bit rough getting it down to size), i haven't done to much messing with them, and not mixed them.  Need several more hours for each filter, and need to start on the other panel, but fingers crossed over the next couple of months it will happen

veil_ha.jpg

veil_Sii.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

So after finally getting another night of thin cloud with some gaps, I decided to try and grab an hour of each filter for panel 2.  Again, it’s a bit ruff, but decided to play with getting the alignment and stitching of them in PI a go.  Seems to have worked quite well for hiding the merge lines, was a little miss-aligned for the second panel image, so had to crop either side, but at least its something else I can work on.

HA_MergeMosaic.jpg

Sii_MergeMosaic.jpg

• Like 3