NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WO Megrez 72 Daytime use

Has anybody used either the Megrez 72 or Zenithstar 70 as a daytime spotting scope ? A new RSPB reserve has just opened near me and the kids enjoyed going there so I might be able to swing a purchase if I can convince the Boss the kids would use it during the day also. Although not waterproof I would imagine it would give the usual Celestron Ultima scopes a run for their money. If used as a dual use scope is there a "stay on" cover that would fit to protect the scope from the weather and bumps and scratches. If I buy the scope I can always take it to a dealers to try covers on it but there are no dealers in my area so if someone has tried it..... I didn't see the review in Sky at Night of the Ultima 80 spotter, it got 93 % !! Was that for Astro use ? I am now a subscriber so will see next months 100mm Spotting scope review but I am sceptical of some of the high marks. Any other recommeded dual use refractors WO 66 etc. Thanks for any advice.

Regards,

Martin

Archived