NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello all! New here and just wanted to see if I can get some advice on using a Meade LXD-55?? I picked up one from Facebook yesterday in decent nick for quite cheap and from me toying around with it, it seems like it will help get my foot in the door for motorised goto mounts. 

Just wanted to see if I could pick the brains of some of the more experienced astronomers on here to see if there's anything I should be doing (other than throwing it in the bin) to get the best use from it!

Thanks all!

-LV

If your LDX-55 did not come with a manual, your first step should be to download it.

BTW, it seems from a quick search that the LDX-55 is a mount, which may not be obvious to people who don't own one. 

You will need to power it with something, so if you need help with that, just ask.

It is a German equatorial, so you will need to polar align it, crudely for visual use, precisely for imaging.  If this is new to you and you don't know how, it will be the same as for other German equatorial mounts and is a widely described topic online.