I'm having problems with the Arduino .ino and the communication with the mount.

Hello.

I'm trying to get the esp8266 to work and I can't get it to communicate with the mount.

I am dedicated to electronics but automotive. I have no knowledge of Arduino.

I did this project, but I can't contact the author.

https://github.com/vlaate/SkyWatcherWiFi/tree/master

I have an old Sw flexitube goto dobson that works perfectly with the manual command.

I attach the screenshot of the serial monitor and the smartphone. I participated a long time ago in the motherboard repair on this forum. Maybe the problem comes from there. But it is rare that it can communicate perfectly with the HC and not with the wifi dongle.

Sorry for my language. I am using Google Translate

Greetings

Pablo Carlacchiani Screenshot_20240527_161759_SynScan.thumb.jpg.b556ab0b174da43557f06387c562905f.jpgScreenshot_20240604_190547_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.ab11532d8ab0dac00a7643efae611896.jpg

Posted (edited)

Why are you looking at com ports and serial connections? With the WiFi dongle you change it to WiFi connection found in the connection settings menu. I also downloaded and installed the Synscan app driver and everything worked fine via ASCOM (Sharpcap, Stellarium etc).

Edited by bosun21
Typo

Thanks bosun21 for answering. My idea was to use it with Android through the phone, since I only dedicate myself to observation and generally in remote places, I did not want to add accessories like a notebook. I connected it to the serial monitor to try to understand what is happening. But I don't understand much.🫣 I'm going to try ascom and see what happens. Greetings