NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Heart and Soul Neubula in RGB and SHO

These emission nebulae in Cassiopeia (about 7500 light years away) were my next target after I had imaged the Veil.

I was hoping to capture both together but my Redcat51 and Zwo ASI294MC pro were just too narrow a field of view for this and therefore I captured them as a two panel mosaic.

The Moon was still waxing (>70% now) and so the L-eXtreme filter was again employed in my imaging train all on top of the HEQ5 mount.

It took two nights due to clouds but I managed 4hrs on the Heart and 3.7hrs on the Soul using lights of 240secs duration and a camera temperature of -10deg at unity gain (120).

Along with calibration frames (Darks, Flats and Biases/Dark Flats) I stacked the images in Siril and then used Photoshop CS to produce the final results.

Graxpert, StarnetGUI, Topax Denoise and RBG composite tool (in Siril after utilising the HaOIII extraction script) were the other main image processes.

Hope you like - CC's welcome.

Heart and Soul Nebulae (RGB):

HeartandSoulNebulaWeb.thumb.jpg.87411158ae0bd9fd1d1408aa390e944d.jpg

Heart and Soul Nebulae (SHO / Hubble Palette):

HeartandSoulNebulaSHOWeb.thumb.jpg.e0e5728fb93ab7a7fbd36a6a458d0983.jpg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, windjammer said:

Absolutely loads in this pic, but background not suppressed enough?  Here is a quick hack, hope you don't mind!

HeartandSoulNebulaSHOWeb.thumb_mod.jpg.dea8c6eca3025ee91aac3dc957ff7d71.jpg

Ha - be my guest! 👍