NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The EQ12...

I set up a second EQ6 last night, east of the existing one. It's an N EQ6. Is it any different? I thought it was when I hit Esc to exit the pages of litigation busting stuff about not looking at the sun and it simply restarted the whole spiel. I thought, Oh no, they are going to make you read it every time, but no. Hitting Enter got rid of it. Phew.

The poor thing is struggling under the weight of a 10 inch Meade SCT, 70/700 guidescope and two cameras. It needs a 3rd counterweight but I had one in stock. The SCT has a Revelation focusser so all we need is a final tweak of the alignment and we're off. A parfocal eyepice-in-extension tube will mean no need to disturb the primary for nightly collimation checks. It will be a blast to have 2 imaging rigs on the go at the same time, though.

Olly.

Archived