NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astro-modified mirrorless camera for Pleiades imaging?

I plan to image Pleiades soon (and for the first time ever) from my backyard. I have a modified Nikon mirrorless and was asking the veteran imagers here if that is a good idea, or not. I recently had the mod done on the camera, so I have no experience with it yet. FWIW, I'll be using the Star Adventurer, Red Cat 51, Optolong L-Pro filter (brightly light subdivision).  Thank you for your replies.

There is no ionized hydrogen in the Pleiades field so the modding of your camera should not, in principle, affect your result one way or the other. It will be good on emission nebulae though. This target will give you something even in a short integration time because the main stars are bright.  After that, it will give and give and give and give as you do more integration. The extended faint nebulosity rewards patience!

Olly