NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Canon EOS 450D Camera to Celeron 9.25 and Swift 831

I’ve got an old Canon 450 d and read that it’s not too bad for Astrophotography. I’m trying to figure out how I attach the camera to the telescope. The first two photographs are of the Celestron 9.25. The first photograph shows the existing 11/4 “visual back” screwed to the Celestron body thread. I unscrewed that unit and fitted the T-Adapter SC to the thread on the body as in next photograph. On the left side of the photograph is an internal threaded coupling which I unscrewed leaving an external thread on the T-Adapter SC as shown in the same photograph. The removed coupling to the left (sitting on the box) has what appears to be a bayonet fitting. Is it this coupling I need to source to fit the Canon EIS 450 D ?

The last photo shows the Swift with the various reducers to fit 1/14 eyepieces. The first attached unit to the Swift drawtube end  thread is a 2” T2 Adapter. The (Celestron T-Adapter SC thread diameter is oversized for that thread therefore of no use). Maybe I have to get a fitting for the Swift that attaches to the Canon and inserts to the 11/4 hole as would a 11/4 eyepiece ?

IMG_1368.jpeg

IMG_1370.jpeg

IMG_1369.jpeg

You need an EOS to T2 adapter, and a T2 to scope adapter. It seems you already have the latter for the SCT.

Some refractors have a T2 thread at the focuser.  Seems your Swift has this, so you just need the aforementioned EOS to T2 adapter, and possibly a T2 spacer to get focus.