Skywatcher Flextube Auto 12" and 14"

Hello

First post!! :)

I quite fancy one of these, as i have the 12" and love it! Here in Australia (i am from UK, moved out here around 12 years ago) we have been told the 12" should be here round about July, although i have been able to find out some info on the 14" to, and we have been told this will have the go-to upgradeable mount also.

We havent had a chance to see any of these here, so i was wondering if any of you guys back home have used them? We have also been told here that they come with a camera adapter, although i would have though as they are not aimed at the pole, then frame rotation would creep in when taking pics, although this would be fine for viewing. If these where mounted on a wedge, so to speak, pointed at the poll, would that help to combat this.

any info, gratefully recieved

:)

Yeah yeah, motorised dobs mounted on Wedges. Easy for you to say boyo with your fancy schmancy 20º S latitude. What about us poor folk at 53º N :) :)

I'd have to take about 4 concrete blocks with me to balance the thing and build it like a tank!! ;)

Yeah yeah, motorised dobs mounted on Wedges. Easy for you to say boyo with your fancy schmancy 20º S latitude. What about us poor f eckers at 53º N :) :)

I'd have to take about 4 concrete blocks with me to balance the thing and build it like a tank!! ;)

i come from 55 degs north fella, so i feel your pain.

Boy, you get around, your the last person to post on my thread over on Ice in Space.

:eek:

Oh Oh Oh !!! EQMOD

A netbook running PLanetarium software controlling the scope!!!

I don't know why I am getting excited, I have too much invested in my LB16 to run out and buy an 14 Auto. Jealous as hell though. I went for the cheap JMI TNT tracking option with my SVP intelliscope mod. I'd have to fork out over a thousand for a LB16 servocat kit to start getting this kind of functionality.

Archived