NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Problem with Celestron FI fork arm

I have an Astro FI, 102 mm Maksutov. I am having serious problems with the fork arm assembly. I’ve had a couple of occasions where I could slew the scope when it was inside and warm but when it was outside and had cooled down the scope reacted to the initial slewing command but didn’t stop when the arrow was released and wouldn’t respond to other direction commands.  It proceeded to  move through about 10°, reverse for about 4° and repeated the process on and on until I turned it off.

The wifi indicator on the fork arm doesn’t light up, although the Celestron-xx network is present and selectable from my phone/iPad.

I’ve just tried it now (1pm). Intermittently, when trying to connect, this message appears on the phone ‘…connected but the scope is not responding…’. When it does connect fully, no direction arrows are shown on the screen.