NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mars Previewer II

petevasey

This extremely nice freeware program has been around for quite a while.  And of course at the moment is particularly useful.  But the original installer contains 16 bit sections, so won't work on later versions of Windows.  However I've got round it.  I copied an existing installation from my XP computer then added a missing DLL file to Windows.  And all is well, at least in Windows 7 Pro.  So if anyone is interested let me know, and I'll post the necessary files.  Example screenshot below, and this is the link to an original installation set although as I say, it doesn't work in later Windows versions.

Cheers,

Peter

Previewer.jpg

Edited by petevasey

Thanks, Geoff. 

Useful, but although Mars Mapper is very user friendly it seems to be limited to 2022.  I find the flat map of Mars Profiler a little confusing.  Both need an internet connection of course.  At least Mars previewer is stand alone, so will work anywhere.

Cheers,

Peter