Equipment wedding announced.

Since the imaging is now done with a robotic setup based here, I've decided on a marriage between our 14 inch Meade SCT tube assembly and our venerable Mesu 200 mount, to have a great visual observing setup. The LX200 Alt-Az mount is handy but wobbly and has now started acting the goat electronically. It's over 20 years old and I think that, even if I fixed it this time, it would most likely act up again. This is no good in my circumstances. Stuff has to work. The Mesu observatory is small for visual but the SCT is nice and short. We'll lose the convenience of alt-az but gain the convenience of a Moonlite Crayford which we can't use on the fork mount for fear of collision.

So, Mesu, do you take this 14 inch SCT to be your lawful wedded wife?

We'll find out when the Losmandy dovetail for the Meade arrives and I've de-forked it. (Nearly 300 euros for a dovetail? Better than over 1,100 euros for two tube rings. Not a misprint!)

Olly