NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

simultaneously slew command sending from pc to eq8 pro mount

Mehrdad856

Can you elaborate... How are you connecting the mount to the PC (EQDIR cable?)  and what software are you using, EQMOD or GSServer ?

Normally these applications, coupled with the planetariums software and the guiding software control the mount positioning, tracking and guiding 

If you can provide us with more details and information on what you want to do then maybe people can advise you accordingly.

44 minutes ago, Mehrdad856 said:

Hi Malcolm

I connected to the telescope mount controller using a serial adapter to USB and a cable (serial to RJ 11). I sent the commands according to the" synscan serial communication protocol_version33 "  through MATLAB software. 

Did you get any response from the mount when you sent :e1 or :e2 ?

Looking at the EQ8 manual, it might be possible to connect the mount directly to a PC via USB via the USB-IN port - no need to use any serial cables or EQDIR cables. 

Also if you did use a standard USB/Serial adapter and then the SW serial cable connected to where the handset normally connects then there is a high risk of damaging the mount as a standard USB to serial adapter may not use the same voltage levels as a dedicated EQDIR cable would, and if 12v signals are sent to the mount when its normally using 5v it can fry the electronics. Normal serial runs at +/- 12v where as TTL serial (that used in EQDIR cables) is +5/0v

We really need a lot more information on how you are connecting the mount, and what you are wanting to achieve...   Firstly, can you just confirm that with only the handset connected you can set the slew speed to 9 and slew the mount in NSWE directions.  This will confirm that the mount hasn't been damaged in any way.  If  the mount is fully responsive then see what happens when you connect a USB cable to the mount - if it shows up in Device Manager as a new COM port then this will give you the option of PC control.

With regards to the commands have a look at this it provided the ASCII codes to send to the mount... using that with the document you mentioned may allow you to apply variable slew speeds to either axis independently.  But I have to ask the question why you want to slew the DEC axis at a different rate to the RA ?

Hi

My goal is to send the output of a propagator to the two axes of right ascension and declination of Telescope Mount. This propagator is solved by MATLAB software and obtains the values of satellite coordinates in the orbit and its change rate. I want to send the rate of change of right ascension and declination changes to the mount by the instructions of this manual.