Problems connecting to AZ-GTi using Lynx Astro FTDI EQDIR cable

I'm struggling to get my Win10 laptop to connect to my AZ-GTi using a new EQDIR cable from FLO.

The drivers are all installed and plugging and unplugging the cable causes the COM4 port to appear and disappear in Device Manager and Windows makes the connect/disconnect sound, so all that at least seems to be working, but when I try to connect with either the SynScanPro App or EQASCOM toolbox it just times out.

I think 9600 baud is the correct setting but I have tried other values without any luck.

I have tried installing it on 2 different laptops, one Win10 the other Win7 but no joy.

I've tried Googling but haven't found many suggestions, so just wondering whether anyone can help before I try to get the cable swapped?

I have set up the equivalent arrangement with Nexstar+.  With that you don't have to set a baud rate anywhere, and you have to set the COM port you are using in the app you are trying to connect to the mount.

If you are seeing the device in Device Manager without any fault symbols or 'driver problem' notices then it ought to work.