sv 305

• New Members
  • 1 post

New to this had my telescope for about 3 weeks but have alot of cloud cover in the NW panhandle of Fla.

I ordered the sv305 because it was inexpensive but the se-up and instuctions are just bout worthless

I have drivers, programs trying piece it together

I have Starry Night, Sharpcap I need a 1-2-3- check list is there such a thing

thanks any help would be appreciated

You need to select the sv305 as a camera in Sharpcap,  set the size of the capture frame (small unless you want to image the Moon), take a video (preferably in the .ser format),  then process the video down to best image and sharpen it in a suitable program e.g. Registax6.

More detailed instructions and tutorials for doing these things can be found online. 

You may find it difficult to focus the camera or get an image on screen without some practice - the chip is lilely to be very small - something like the equivalent of a 6mm eyepiece, and the camera focus may require an inward focus of several mm compared with an eyepiece.   An out of focus Mars may not show up on your laptop screen at all.  You also need to set the exposure time - typically 2 to 4 milliseconds for a planet.

Good luck and clear skies!

• 2 weeks later...