Learning Image Processing - any ASI294MC Pro raw images please?

I got back into astronomy last year after a break of many years and have turned my hand to astrophotography but I'm struggling a bit with the quality of my images...

I have upgraded my old setup (visual only C8 SCT on a non-goto wedge mount) and now have the C8 on an HEQ-5 with a ASI294MC Pro guided by a ASI120mm mini/ ZWO 60mm guidescope.

To improve my processing skills, I have watched many processing tutorials and even picked up the Astro Back Yard Image Processing Guide, GradientXterminator and Astronomy Tools Action Set as I use PhotoShop however I am still not happy with the quality of my final images.

Due to my set-up, I photograph primarily galaxies like M51/M81/M82/M101 from my Bortle 6 backyard but I am not sure if my poor images are due to my data (usually ~50x240s subs + darks/flats etc.) or my processing skills. 

My ask is, would anyone have any good quality raw source images from a ASI294MC with a similar OTA of galaxies such as these that you would be prepared to share to allow me to practice my processing skills on please (maybe along with your final article for me to compare against)?

Many thanks

Grant Smith

If l might make a suggestion - instead of you processing someone else's data, you could post up some of your raw data, and some of the more experienced guys on here can go at it to see what comes out. I think this would be better, for several reasons:

1. You'll be able to see the results from a variety of different processing software and techniques

2. It will allow you to see what's possible with your current data (and people will happily share their workflows, I'm sure)

3. Experienced imagers will be able to identify any faults/issues with your data and provide suggestions to help improve on the capture side of things

Alternatively, you could download some of the IKI observatory data from this forum, process yourself and compare to the efforts others have posted. This would at least allow you to see what your current techniques are able to pull out from high quality data. 

Edited by The Lazy Astronomer