NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WO Adjustable Flattener for Z61 to Sony A Mount

Is anyone aware of an adapter to fit the William Optics Adjustable Flattener for Z61 onto a Sony DSLR which has the A Mount?

Looking through FLO's listings an A mount adapter is not listed (and FLO have confirmed as much), so was wondering if anyone may have any ideas?

Alternatively there is a t ring adapter for the Sony A mount available which fits onto the OVL Flattener - does anyone have any experience of this with the William Optics Z61?

Only item I can see is a Baader. Think Altair do it also but found the item on 365Astro so check the link. The A mount and the Minolta may be the same bayonet so you might locate a Minolta item as well. However check that they are the same. I assume that the WO flattener has a standard thread size where the T adaptor would fit.

Seems a little odd that FLO do not have one, bought mine there, but many years ago now. Although a simple Sony A mount T-ring does not appear often in a search. Also think mine says Sony/Minolta on it.

May be an idea ti check somewhere like TS but unsure these days of goods from the EU and the ease or otherwise of shipping.

32 minutes ago, PEMS said:

Only item I can see is a Baader. Think Altair do it also but found the item on 365Astro so check the link. The A mount and the Minolta may be the same bayonet so you might locate a Minolta item as well. However check that they are the same. I assume that the WO flattener has a standard thread size where the T adaptor would fit.

Seems a little odd that FLO do not have one, bought mine there, but many years ago now. Although a simple Sony A mount T-ring does not appear often in a search. Also think mine says Sony/Minolta on it.

May be an idea ti check somewhere like TS but unsure these days of goods from the EU and the ease or otherwise of shipping.

Thanks for the reply.

Minolta AF / Sony A are indeed one in the same and seemingly rarer than hens teeth now that the A mount has been replaced by the E mount.

TE is perhaps a life line.  A quick search there brought up these: https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p3630_TS-Optics-T-Ring-from-M48-filterthread-to-Sony---Minolta-A-Bayonet.html or this Baader https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p11240_Baader-Wide-T-Ring-T2-Adapter-for-Sony-Alpha---Minlolta-DSLR-Cameras.html

A bit pricey for a t ring once VAT and delivery to the UK are thrown in as well and I'm not 100% sure one or both would be suitable anyway?

Edit - with a little further digging the M48 t ring in the first link above appears under the "recommended accessories" tab when viewing the Z61 adjustable flattener on the TS site.  So possible light at the end of the tunnel.

Edited by herne