NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQTooth assistance problem - I search of help

Hi,

I own an EQTooth which is connected to a NEQ5 go to mount.

I have connected the EQTooth via Bluetooth with the password 1234, but no virtual com ports appear (the website usually listed in the instructions manual to be able to create them doesn't exist anymore). So I've tried making my own virtual com ports, but they don't communicate with the EQTooth, the com ports are not found in "carte du ciel" or in Toolbox the virtual com port isn't found. 

Further, when I ran simulations in "carte du ciel" with a virtual mount it works just fine, so the problem isn't coming from ASCOM or Carte du ciel

Does anyone have any insight on this ?

My guess is the device uses an HC05 type module, and these can have issues.  I used one in a DIY project and often the com port would disappear and the listing under windows BT devices would need to be deleted and refreshed.

I found this website, is that the same device ? EQTooth

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the inactivity, my computer broke down and just got set up with a new one. 

And yes that is the device I am using. I do not know if the EQtooth uses that chip. My take on the subject is it is a driver problem but when I got into my bluetooth settings it says that the driver is up to date.