NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

question about RC collimation. concentric circle laser results.

i'm struggling getting my at6rc collimated (based on stars in images). i've seen several threads and youtube videos and think i'm following correctly. narrow laser attachment shows everything aligned. i have one main question now. see attached pic. everything within the outer ring is even and concentric. (hard to see but there are concentric circles printed on the target)

the outermost ring isn't symmetrical though. the top is thinner. but nothing i change affects it. as i focus out the top 'breaks' first and eventually the whole ring is gone. and only the brighter rings in the middle remain. changing the focuser ring, the primary, or the secondary changes those inner brighter rings but nothing seems to affect that outermost dimmer ring.

what is that light from and what is it showing as out of alignment? if relevant, how can i fix it so the whole thing is centered within that outer ring? it's the only thing i see that seems like it could be causing my star issues. 

many thanks.

target4.jpg