NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

StarSharp Red Filter for Laptop Screens

I have only just discovered, by pure chance, that this very handy laptop screen red filter exists and that FLO sell it. The light from the screen has always been a problem, so much so that I have been reduced to throwing a towel over it because it ruins my night vision, so this looks to be a great solution.

I would like to hear from other members about their experience with it, how well can you read the screen through it and how effective is it at stopping any light escaping?

Thanks in advance of any replies.

I found a tutorial (which I can't find now :rolleyes2:) which went through creating a night vision theme in Windows 10.

I did find THIS tutorial which does the same thing. I created two themes on the laptop and added shortcuts to the desktop for both, one for normal use and one for the night vision mode.

It worked fine, until I added a USB hub to the mount and ran the cable into the house so I could sit in the warm and image. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Budgie1 said:

I found a tutorial (which I can't find now :rolleyes2:) which went through creating a night vision theme in Windows 10.

I did find THIS tutorial which does the same thing. I created two themes on the laptop and added shortcuts to the desktop for both, one for normal use and one for the night vision mode.

It worked fine, until I added a USB hub to the mount and ran the cable into the house so I could sit in the warm and image. :D

Hi Martin, thanks for that information, it looks really interesting, besides not costing a penny.  I will give it a go and see how it works out but it does look to be an ideal solution.

Keith

• Like 1

Happy to help, Keith.

There's also a thread on Cloudy Nights from the same author which may assist. ;)

Once setup, all you need to do is click on the shortcut, accept the Windows prompt and turn on Night Light from the Notifications menu (bottom right of the Task Bar). This method also means you can adjust the colours or brightness to your own requirements.

• Like 1