Yet another collimation post

In anticipation of getting some new eyepieces I decided to actually put some time aside and check collimation on my heritage 130p. Truth be told I'm not sure it needs any but I also reckon that this is a difficult task for me. First I have no basis of comparison and second the focuser is of such a design that precision cannot be achieved, at least in my opinion. I only have a cheswire and was confused for the longest time until I figured that the tube must be inserted quite a bit out so as to be possible to see the secondary mirror. After a little thinking I tried "rotating" the focuser and of course the alignment just kept changing, so I believe there is no point in trying to align anything at all at least with a cheswire. In any case my conclusion is that this scope can only be roughly collimated and as soon as you try to bring an eyepiece into focus the collimation will most certainly not be perfect anymore. That being said I did purchase a collimation cap and that will be my next attempt at this. Of course I would love to be told I am deeply wrong on this matter :)

IMG_20201206_165953.jpg

IMG_20201206_170007.jpg