M45

Thorney

Well from owning my equipment since May and after issues with clouds, faulty equipment and a few failed attempts. I finally was able to get my second session in of astrophotography.

From what I have learnt so far (which isn’t much) i am quite happy with this image and it has just given me more of the bug to take and produce more and better quality photos. 

I have seen photos with less data and more detail but for now this is the best I can do. 

Me equipment is: Redcat 51 with a canon 600D on a Star Adventurer. 

150x30 ISO 1600.   25 Darks. 25 Bias. 30 Flats 

A0C3AF35-FB72-46C9-803F-B45E089B8DCB.jpeg

• Like 11

Well done Thorney that’s a great start, a picture of the Pleiades to be proud of at this stage of the game with this being only your second attempt. I know that some members with years of experience will be able to give constructive criticism and offer good advice, but the best I can say is stick with it and enjoy an amazing hobby. 

Edited by Moonshed

8 minutes ago, Moonshed said:

Well done Thorney that’s a great start, a picture of the Pleiades to be proud of at this stage of the game with this being only your second attempt. I know that some members with years of experience will be able to give constructive criticism and offer good advice, but the best I can say is stick with it and enjoy an amazing hobby. 

Thank you for the comment Moonshed. Very new to this hobby but really keen to get back out when I can and continue to learn.  Yes if anyone has any advise or comments it would be good to hear.