NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Slowly getting there

Paul2019

Well, today was the day that my package from FLO arrived. Despite the box clearly explaining there may be clouds within, the weather gods allowed me a night to play. I ordered a SAM mount and I am truly amazed at the difference in my widefield shots since. Tonight I decided to reattempt some widefield of the andromeda region of Pegasus (is it the same constellation?) and got some cracking data as follows:

50 x 30s lights @ ISO400 

25 x Bias 

20 x Darks 

No Flats  

I use a Canon 400d (not astro modded) 

50mm aperture 

Processed in GIMP

979515589_M31widefield26_09_20.thumb.png.3d61417e89394e2ce63e077f7af970af.png

There's some obvious issues with the right side, which I attribute to my cheapo kit lens, but i have a 70 - 300 due any day now and cant wait to see what I can get with that. You can clearly see M31 in this one and if you zoom right in and marvel a little you can also spot M101, its definitely a major improvement on my last untracked attempt. As always your thoughts and critics are welcomed, although I'm thinking now that developing an easy way to get some flats will be the next step. 

Thanks

Paul

• Like 2