NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Milky Way second attempt.

2scopes

Hi 2scopes,

That’s a nice image of the Milky Way, well done.
I would be interested to know how you took the image, the hardware, software, number of images and exposure times etc. It would be a help to others starting out in this field. Is your camera modified?

Thanks

Keith

sure its a canon 1100d ir removed standard canon 18-55mm lens. 

its around 60 shots of 7 seconds @ f3.5

used sequater and photoshop.

just fiddled around with settings  in both softwares 

been doing this just over 3 weeks myself

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.

I have been doing astronomy since I was 13 or 14, I’m now 74. I first started astrophotography back in the 90’s using a film camera, you have no idea how hard that is because you can’t see what you are doing until you get the photos back a week later. I started using a digital camera 3 years ago, same model as yours as it happens. So far all my work has been through the scope but recently I have been thinking about mounting the camera on the scope, using a wide angle lens and taking some shots of the Milky Way.

I will give it a go next month  when the sky will be darker.

• Like 2

On 11/08/2020 at 21:11, 2scopes said:

Ah no worries. i bet that was a nightmare but also exciting waiting to see what you get.

Yes, looking forward to it myself, will make a change from the usual type of images I have been doing. I haven’t had my camera  modified though as I also use it as a regular camera. Waiting for dark skies and clear nights!