New ASI533MC Pro and optilong L-Pro

myk68

Hi All

So really excited to get my hands on a good!! OSC.

But I seem to have a  blue green cast to the images. havent had chance to remove the L-pro filter so dont know if its this or the camera.

Anyone got experience with the filter or the camera. I havent read anything about this with the camera.

Cheers for looking and clear skys

Mike

I have the Optolong L-Pro filter which I use with my Modified Canon 600D and although I have only had the filter a few weeks I am very pleased with it especially how it does not seem to have a colour cast mainly due to the fact it is more wideband than a lot of light polution filters. My CLS filter does have quite a lot of cast to it.

Not sure if this helps at all but best of luck resolving the issue.

Hi Chris

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the L-Pro. Its totally well placed.

Think I was jumping the gun a bit.

The images I was looking at were the ones showing as preview in APT. As I took them.  Once I have them De-bayered in a image processing app they look fine.

Must be the way APT changes them on the fly maybe that adds too much blue. 

Just taken some flats and they were cyan on the preview and off white in the other app.

Cheers and I hope this is helpful to anyone else that thinks this is sort of thing is something wrong

Clear skys all

Mike