Dust in California

NGC1499 is so large, that it has not fit yet into any of my "large" imaging setups. So I decided to capture it with travel setup during this holidays. Once I collected RGB frames and started to capture Ha frames I stacked RGB just to review the result. And I "found out" that there are some dust clouds in the background. So I changed the plans and started to collect luminance frames till the night end  (so not too long :) ) And here is the result. Except of NGC1499 there are some LDN and Dobashi catalogues dark clouds, small vdB24 that surrounds youg Herbig Haro XY Persei star (at the upper right) and IC351 tiny green planetary nebula, that will require sky atlas to find it at the picture :) Bright stars are a little bit bloated, probably due to high clouds, because I imaged it at the sea level. 

Setup was: QHY163M with Samyang 135/2 on iOptron SmartEQ Pro, guided with 50mm scope and ASI290MM. LRGB 90:30:20:25 minutes in 30 seconds subframes, Ha 30 minutes in 120 seconds subframes.

2018-08-21-California6.jpg

Thanks for watching! 

Archived