NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Budget setup change <400€ from exos-2/130/1000 newtonian to motorized imaging refractor.

I want to sell my old 130/1000 Bresser Messier newtonian with Exos-2 mount to get a whole refractor setup for imaging. Since I still don't have a motor and initially planned on buying one at the end of the year, my 400€ budget and the money I (hope to) get from my newtonian needs to be enough.. Is it even worth selling my old telescope? It's still in wonderful condition because I never used it until I started a few weeks ago, though it's pretty old.. (~11 years) I can go without the motor if it's totally out of my price range and would proceed to get it mid next year. Any suggestions (used is okay as well). If there is anything else missing it needs to be taken into the budget as well (adapters, eye pieces and stuff) I have 10mm, 15mm and 25mm plössl eyepieces and a 2x barlow. Should I keep or sell them and get other ones? Those are stock equipment which I got with the telescope.

Archived