Equinox Dew Shield

Hi all,

Could somebody please help me out.

I bought an Equinox 100 ED about 7 years ago but it never gave the sharp views that everyone was harping on about, consequently it never got used and ended up underneath the bed, I know I should have returned it but I didn't.

Anyway, I got it out of hibernation the other night and gave it a second chance.  It was left outside for the best part if 2 hours so plenty of cooling time. 

The result  was the same as before in that I cannot get a star into a point view, though I have noticed that one side of focus a star looks like a small horizontal line while the other side is a small vertical line.  I think it might have astigmatism caused by a pinched lens but to check it out I need to remove the dew shield.

There are no obvious attachments, does any one know how it comes off?

I have removed the focuser and noted that it is slightly off centre so I'll see what I can do with that at the same time as checking the lenses out.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave.

Archived