NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EOS 350 D on Skywatcher 130 F/650 eyepiece holder

I suppose the subject must have been treated here many times before...but does anyone with the same very basic equipment as I have can confirm me that adding a 2x Barlow would make focussing possible? Now the prime focus does not meet the camera sensor. I understand that a Barlow shifts the prime focus. Of course there will be less light, more instability, etc. But for the purpose of training a good idea? Otherwise turn to piggyback photography? Same question for my Bresser MikrOkular fuul HD for planets.

Received this solution. Please tell all Explorer buyers in spe:

The Skywatcher Explorer 130P is a Newtonian Reflector so a diagonal would not normally be used on this type of scope. 
The focal point of the scope is further in than the focal plane of the camera, so focus can't be reached.
The 2 best solutions are:
1) To move the primary mirror up the tube 25mm/1 inch or so.
2) Replace the current focuser with a low profile one. Possibility one like this: Teleskop-Express: Skywatcher Dual-Speed 2" Low Profile Crayford Newtonian Focuser

Archived