NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dioptre Correction for Guidescope

My poor old eyes mean that I need glasses for distance and now for close up.  Its a real pain when lining up the scope during setup of goto that I can "eye up" the scope roughly (glasses on)  since  guidescope has no focus control and set for somebody with good distance vision I have to leave glasses on - not very good . Obviously main scope use glasses off but can focus for my eyesight so that's not a problem.

What would be helpful would be a dioptre correction lens so I can see through guidescope without specs. 

Tried with contact lens can sees distance but then need glasses for reading synscan or star maps grrrr.

So, where can I get dioptre correctors for guidescope pls.

What kind of finder do you have? In many cases you can focus by loosening a retaining ring, then rotating the front end. Couple of images below, pulled off the web.

IMG_5759.JPG

how_to_focus_gso_zhumell_finderscope.jpg

Skywatcher finderscopes use the same focusing method:

skywatcher-9x50-finderscope-straight.JPG

Just had a look - yes there is an adjustment and locking ring not very obvious and nothing in the instruction manual.

Cant try it at the moment as its windy and raining but will sort it out next time the scope is out.

Thanks for the advice...will be so much easier.

Archived