NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Seeing Saturn 06/05/08

Sirsalis

A few saturns from tuesday night taken with the 150p & Neximage.

The predicted 'seeing' for tuesday night was somewhat inaccurate! It stated 5/5, 5/4 here last night, although to be fair, it did show a slow jet stream speed? mumum.gif It was very hazy here with so much light pollution that the sky glowed orange. icon_scratch.gif

I did have the 127 out as well but It wasn't worth setting up in the end as, within an hour of twilight, the conditions got worse.

Unfortunately, Saturn is starting to sit in the murk and too far from zenith the time it gets dark enough to polar align. I suppose i will have to focus on the moon instead during the summer months. I might go back out tonight, but i'm not very hopeful of better skies.

I had to keep the images small as the resolution was not good. You can just make out the storm in the first and second. icon_smile.gif

satt3a4.jpg

satt3a2.jpg

satt3a1.jpg

Archived