Looking for info on APM 3" R&P focuser

Hi all.

I'm looking into replacing the 3" crayford focuser my tube came with. Being a 1,400€ refractor (TS 115/800 triplet), getting a Feathertouch 3" R&P for it is, I think, a bit too much (kind of a crime, punishable with life imprisonment at the very least, if you ask me!)

The main two problems with this focuser is that it flexes a bit, mainly in the up-down direction and, when locking/unlocking, its position changes considerably. Although fiddling with it has certainly improved these problems quite a bit, it is still far from perfect. So, it's time to look for a replacement focuser, and an R&P while we are at it (seen and fiddled with a steeltrack; better, but not rock-solid)

One that does look like it might do the job is the APM 3" R&P focuser (or its TS counterpart, which seems to be the same one... well, they share the same text, switching "APM" and "TS", misspellings included!)

So, the question is, has anyone had a chance to try these out?

Cheers!

Archived