First view of Jupiter

For Christmas I bought a Celestron 4SE and a Arcturus Binoviewer w 3x barlow and 30mm eye pieces.  At first I could not get the binoviewer to work.  The Celestron eyepiece is 25mm and through it I was able to resolve Jupiter.  I then switched to the binoviewer.  After a few attempts I as able to see Jupiter but not with bot eyes at the same time.  I could not merge the two images.  But the image with my left eye was amazing!!! I saw Jupiter from earth! I saw the two main bands! I was so excited.

I have three questions.  

1) the 4se with a 3x barlow and binoviewer with 30mm eye pieces Jupiter was about 4mm across, so basically quite small.  How can see it bigger?  What should I change?

2) I was viewing from a deck at the top of Big Bear Lake (cabin is at 7500 feet). There was a lot of vibration in the image.  I believe because I was on a deck.  How can I eliminate any shake in the image?

3) I am viewing January 4, 2014 from Big Bar, CA.  I believe I cannot see other planets other than Mars at this time of year from this hemisphere, am I correct?  Saturn is near the horizon but during the day so I cannot se it, right? And Mercury and Venus are too close to the sun to see?

Archived