Skyscanner 127 focusing

Hi

I had put this question in "introduce yourself" section,but it is probably better off here.I am trying to set my unit up but I am having trouble with the focus.

My question is should I start turning the focus nob starting at the right side limit or the left ?

Thanks

Halkei

Hi

Start in daylight, pick a distant stable object such as a lamp post, telegraph pole, pylon etc AVOIDING THE SUN!!!! and have a play. I always start with in-most focus then move outwards but this is a personal habit only. Basically you will start out of focus, move towards focus, get in focus, then start moving out of focus again. The sweet spot is somewhere between the two ends!

Good luck.

cheers

Ok thanks alot. I have heard it is better to do it in daylight. Pretty dark and miserable at the moment, but there is hope for clearer weather in the morning. I will take your advice

Rgds

Halkei

Archived